Screenwriting is not a piece of cake. And if you are starting with your first script, it might look like an arduous task. Good scriptwriting carries some essential features. It might be challenging to incorporate the characteristics of good screenwriting without any help. But screenwriting software has made them easy. They help you to write your screenplays in an organised manner. Moreover, they can lessen your burden to a great extent as they come with a dozen of features that makes it very easy to write a script.
Best Screenwriting Software with features
Here are the top 3 screenwriting software that every scriptwriter must use-
Celtx screenplay is a standalone screenwriting software for Microsoft users that gives you the ability to access, edit and create new Celtx films and tv scripts. It is a cloud-based program. So, you can access it anywhere where you have an internet connection, like most screenwriting software. Celtx helps you stay on schedule, de-stress the process, stay organized, accelerate your creativity, and most importantly, stay on budget.
Celtx provides you with the following professional Production Tools due to which it makes to our list of best software for screenwriting-
Celtx provides you with Script editors for film and television, short-form video, theatre, and interactive tales, as well as a variety of script development tools.
You may create a visual and shot-by-shot narrative. Block shots, connect pictures and plan sequences with extensive storyboarding modules.
- Index Cards
The index cards module, integrated directly into your script editor, provides you with a classic, tried-and-true technique for writing your next novel.
What are the elements that your script requires? Use in-line script breakdowns to quickly and simply identify everything you’ll need for Production.
- Project Catalog
You can find all of the information you require about your project’s talent, props, costumes, equipment, venues, and crew in one spot with the help of a project catalog.
Using industry-standard or bespoke AICP budget templates, you can easily manage production expenses, generate cost reports, and track actuals against expectations.
- Shot Lists
You can provide a cinematic blueprint to your camera crew using this feature. Using a simple point-and-click interface, quickly compose and assemble thorough shot descriptions.
Using auto-populated stripboards, create shooting schedules. To make the most of each minute onset, plan shooting dates and places ahead of time.
- Call Sheets
Create and distribute call sheets that are industry-standard. Automatic data populating allows you to make changes and re-distribute to cast and crew quickly and easily.
Squibler is one of the most exemplary screenwriting software. Squibler can be used for various purposes like drafting, editing, and organizing. Its feature-rich text editor assists you in storyline and dialogue authoring. It includes screenplay templates, which will make your task much more manageable. Choose a template and begin writing. You don’t have to make an outline, construct characters from the ground up, or devote time to writing sections and chapters. The best part is that the template includes everything. You can simply begin writing.
Here are the features of Squibler which put it in the list of the best software for screenwriting-
- Squibler has a simple text editor and a word processor. Both of them are highly user-friendly. You can start quickly.
- An easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface makes arranging and organizing items a breeze.
- Distraction-free writing mode is a feature that allows you to write without being distracted. So, you can work on your script to the best of your mindset.
- There are over 30 screenplay templates to choose from.
- It provides you with a fantastic note-taking feature.
- Real-time collaboration. You can collaborate with your partners easily and take their opinions and suggestions in real-time.
- The on-screen sidebar allows you to quickly access screenplay elements.
- A Storyboard automatically maps your notes to index cards, so you don’t need extra effort.
- Are you not great with grammar? Don’t worry. It is taken care of with the help of Squibler. It provides you with an in-built grammar checker.
- It Integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox, two of the most popular cloud storage services.
- Your work is auto saved, so you don’t lose it.
- It is compatible with full-screen Production.
- It runs on Windows, Mac, and mobile devices.
3. Final Draft
Final Draft has been in the industry and market leader in screenwriting software for almost twenty-five years. Final Draft is the primary choice for professional and aspiring screenwriters, producers, directors, and industry executives and is used by 95% of film and television productions.
It’s a multi-purpose professional tool for screenwriters, producers, and filmmakers. It includes more than 300 writing templates to make your task easier. It adheres to professional standards and formats for screenwriting and scriptwriting and instantly translates your content into the appropriate format.
Final Draft offers you a lot of amazing features due to which it makes it to our top three list of screenwriting software:
- It has an easy-to-use interface and provides you with a simple text editor.
- Final Draft offers an amazing drag-and-drop user interface.
- Are you not so much familiar with the format of scriptwriting used in the entertainment industry? Final Draft converts your script into an entertainment industry format.
- It comes with more than three hundred templates. So you have a lot of options to choose from.
- It has Beat Board which will help you to manage notes, characters, and more.
- The visual story mapping feature helps you to map your storyline effectively.
- While writing, you can collaborate and brainstorm, and it helps you to organize your script easily.
- If you don’t like typing, then Final Draft has made it easier for you to type your script. You can convert your speech to script easily.
- You can format your script the way you like with tons of formatting features provided by Final Draft.
- Revision and tags mode helps you to simplify the writing process.
- It works on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iOS, and mobile phones.
Hop on and start your scriptwriting with the help of these amazing screenwriting software.
You may also like to read:
|Best Online Tools for Writers|
|A Beginner’s Guide to Writing: 8 Tips for Starting a Writing Career|
Learn with Unluclass:
Unluclass provides a platform for keen learners to learn enjoyably. They give once in a lifetime opportunity to learners to learn from their idols. Yes, you heard it written! Unluclass has renowned people from various fields teaching at their platform. Apart from having celebrities on board, they have very affordable prices too. Talking about screenwriting, as said earlier, learning this is a hideous process. The legend, Prashant pandey himself teaches the screenwriting course at unluclass! The man undoubtedly requires no introduction. There are various other celebrity taught courses available at unluclass. For example, Manoj Bajpayee teaches the art of acting. Six times grand slam winner Sania mirza shares the secret of tennis and much more. In short, unluclass is the one-stop solution for all your learning needs.